Folks isn't it astonishing where all our entered data go? If you text somebody on facebook where it will be stored? Where all our uploads, click, downloads will store? Each and every task we perform on the net, where it will be stored? any idea?
Historically data was generated or accumulated by workers that are many companies were entering the data into computer systems, as things evolved now users can generate their own data. Now there is huge progression, now machines are entering the data, everything is monitored now like humidity temperature, electricity usage, the satellite around the earth that are monitoring the earth 24 hours a day taking pictures and accumulating data there is a huge progression. As the result, enormous amount of data is generating
Due to the invention of new technologies, devices, and communication means like social networking sites, education sites the amount of data produced by mankind is growing rapidly every year. The amount of data produced by us in the beginning of 2003 was 5 billion gigabytes.
Can you imagine? If you pile up the data in the form of disks it may fill an entire football stadium. The same amount of data was created in every two days in 2011, and in every ten minutes in 2013. This rate is still growing rapidly. Though all this information produced is meaningful and it might be useful when processed, but it is been neglected.
You know what !! 90% of world's data was generated the last year.
what is Big Data
Big data means really a "big" data, it is a collection of large databases that cannot be processed using traditional computing techniques. Big data is not merely a data, rather it has become a complete subject, which involves various tools, technique, and frameworks.
Catagories in Big Data:
Big data involves the data produced by different devices and applications. Given below are some of the fields that come under the umbrella of Big Data.
- Data of Black Box: It is a component of helicopter, airplanes, and jets, etc. It captures voices of the flight crew, recordings of microphones and earphones, and the performance information of the aircraft. In simple every information of the aircraft is recorded in this black box.
- Data of social media: Social media plays a very important role in today's life so information on social sites are also important. The number of posts, photos, comments, likes, videos, downloads in various social sites like twitter, facebook are also stored in this section.
- Data of stock exchange: This section holds information about the ‘buy’ and ‘sell’ decisions made on a stokes of different companies made by the customers.
- Data of Power Grid: This section holds information about the power consumed by a particular node with respect to a base station.
- Data On transport: This section includes model, capacity, distance and availability of a vehicle.
- Data of Search engine: Search engines extract lots of data from different databases.
Thus Big Data includes big volume, high velocity, and expandable variety of data.
The data in it will be of three types.
- Structured data: Relational data.
- Semi Structured data : XML data.
- Unstructured data: Word, PDF, Text, Media Logs.
Benefits of Big Data:
Big data is really useful to make our life simple and its emerging as one of the most important technologies in the modern world. Following are just a few benefits which are very much known to all of us:
- Using the information kept on the social network like Facebook, Twitter, etc the marketing agencies are learning about the response to their campaigns, promotions, and other advertising mediums. And many our ideas can be well platformed by the help of social media and our dreams can fly high.
- Using the information in the social media like preferences and product perception of their consumers, product companies, and retail organizations are planning their production. And it can each and every individual of the world easily.
- Using the data regarding the previous medical history of patients, hospitals are providing better and quick service. And preserving medical database is very important.